Ticket #28 (closed Defect: fixed)

Opened 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

Encoding!

Reported by: jri Owned by: jri
Priority: Major Milestone: Release 4.1
Component: DeepaMehta Standard Distribution Version: 4.0.1
Keywords: Cc:
Complexity: Area:
Module:

Description (last modified by jri) (diff)

I thought we got it right, but we didn't!

Encoding problem arises at least in one setup: DM4.0.1 binary distribution installed at a Gentoo server, with a Mac Client (Safari). Problem is with plain-text fields. No problem with HTML fields.

Change History

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by jri

  • Owner set to jri
  • Status changed from new to accepted
  • Description modified (diff)

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by jri

  • Status changed from accepted to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

Let Felix set the file.encoding system property is too late.
This property must be already set while JVM start (through -D)
The starter scripts are adapted accordingly.

See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/361975/setting-the-default-java-character-encoding

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.